Congratulations on your new kitten! If you’re unsure what’s next in your exciting journey of being a pet parent, then don’t worry – we have it covered for you at easyvet. Here’s a list of things you should prepare for to make sure your new kitten is healthy:
- Core vaccines for kittens
- Heartworm testing and prevention for kittens
- Annual blood work and health screening for kittens
- Flea and tick prevention for kittens
- Nutritional consultations for kittens
What will I need for my new kitten?
Bringing a new pet home is always a little stressful (in between all the exciting parts). Here’s a quick checklist of some things you may want to consider for your new kitten.
Stuff to get from a local pet supply store or online retailer:
- Cat litter box and cat litter
- Cat food bowl and water bowl
- Cat bed
- Cat scratchers / things for your cat to climb on
- Kitten toys
- Carrier for when your cat needs to go to the veterinarian
- Collar, tag, and ID
- Cleaning supplies
Things to consult with your veterinarian about:
- The best cat food for kittens
- Healthy treats
- Which vaccines your kitten needs and when
- The appropriate time for a spay / neuter
- Warning signs in new kittens
easyvet offers affordable care with a focus on convenience and transparency
Find a veterinarian near you and our experienced team will take care of your new kitten. From vaccines to nutritional consultations, we cover the entire spectrum of everything you’ll need to get started as a new pet parent. We’re proud to offer the lowest prices in the area on core and lifestyle vaccines, parasite testing as well as flea, tick, and heartworm preventatives.
You can simply walk right into our locations for convenient pet care or book an appointment online. We let you stay near your new kitten throughout the entire visit so they don’t have to spend a moment without you! We look forward to meeting and treating your new kitten!
Learn more about easyvet
How is easyvet so affordable?
easyvet clinic: an overview